WHAT'S HAPPENING IN DFW
- Repticon Slithers Into Farmers Branch This Weekend Not all reptiles are scary, scaly and gross. Don't forget the adorable turtle! Well, except that snapping turtle that almost bit your pinkie toe off.
- This Weekend: It's Addison Oktoberfest! Better brush-up on our German. The very little we caught was from Dieter on SNL's "Sprockets".
- Relive Your Younger Years With Tears For Fears This Weekend Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith had the best hair: a hair dryer's dream.
- Check Out Some Amazing Classic Homes At The 2014 Munger Place Days Because looking through someone's home with their permission is always a better idea.
- Climb Ev'ry Mountain To Get To "The Sound Of Music" Or at least drive a few major highways.
- Go Back In Time At "Peruvian Gold: Ancient Treasures Unearthed" Indiana Jones would be in freakin' HEAVEN.
- “Cool Thursdays" Goes Swing At The Dallas Arboretum This Week This is the dancing. Not the other kind of swinging. Perv.
- The Plano Balloon Fest Touches Down This Weekend Skydiving. We're going back and forth: brevity...or insanity?
- Get Your Nu Metal Fix With Limp Bizkit This Friday Night Love them or hate them, they did tell an interesting tale about how they did it all for the nookie.
- "Food Truck: Fall Series" Kicks Off At Lunch Tomorrow These food trucks are so good, you won't mind going to them...even though they could easily come to you.
- Grapevine's GrapeFest 2014 Is In Full Swing This Weekend Think we're all "wine snobby"? Uh...see below Jacktivity, smartypants.
- Raise Your Mug To The 4th Annual Dallas Observer BrewFest Tomorrow If you're looking to sample pretty much every worthwhile local brew in one place, they've got you covered.
- That Phillip Phillips And Magic! Poptopia 2014 Show Will Be Here Before You Know It Warning: hearing "Rude" first thing in the morning will force you into singing it to yourself all day.
- Coheed And Cambria In Concert Monday Night: Check Out That Hair! Claudio Sanchez's hair is awesome. Bet washing it is a beatch, though.
- See The Toadies Play Rubberneck One Last Time Tonight And Tomorrow Night Then you'll have to revert back to listening to the album on cassette. Or CD if you were laying down the big bucks 20 years ago.