WHAT'S HAPPENING IN DFW
- Hear Ken Burns Chat It Up At The Winspear Mr. Burns has done the impossible: he's made documentaries INTERESTING.
- It Was So Good, They Had To Do It Again: It's The 2nd Annual Beer, Bourbon & Brisket Fest Meat will reign glorious at this event in less than a month.
- Pick Your Poison: The Uproar Festival...Or Gino Vannelli? We're not to proud to admit we love all of these artists. And that we have multiple musicality disorder.
- Addison Oktoberfest Is Less Than A Month Away: September 18th-21st It's so awesome, they can't wait until the actual month of October!
- The Edible Inevitable Tour Swings Through Town With Iron Chef's Alton Brown It's your next step in the "Food Porn" progression: REAL LIFE!
- KVIL's Poptopia Is On The Way With Phillip Phillips & Magic! We love how Magic! adds the exclamation point at the end of their band name. Shall we try "Jack!"? Nah...it looks like how someone would say our name if we cut them off in traffic.
- Spend Your Labor Day Weekend At The West Fest Czech & Polka Festival We're not sure what we're more psyched about: putting away some serious pork...or enjoying a three-day weekend!
- Get A Healthy Dose Of '90s Country With Travis Tritt It's hard to believe, but this guy made a mullet look cool.
- "Cool Thursdays" Is Coming Back To The Dallas Arboretum If just having this thing means we're going to have cooler weather...we're all for it!
- The 2014 Flowserve Dallas Cowboys Kickoff Luncheon Is Tomorrow Have lunch with the Cowboys...before they have another team for lunch. We hope.
- Carry On Tomorrow Night With Crosby, Stills And Nash The age of the youngest member of their group? 19 years-old. David Crosby's liver.
- Thou Shall Enjoyest A Treat With Ye Complete Works Of William Shakespeare Wow, we SUCK at writing Shakespeare-like Jacktivity headlines.
- The Clock Is Ticking On The World’s Largest Dinosaur Exhibit Those poor giant lizards. They've already gone extinct once.
- No Secrets: One Republic's Playing In Town Tomorrow Night Christina Perri, the chick who sings the love song from the "Twilight" movies, is opening. Not that we're into those movies. Really!
- Get A Little Wild And Check Out The Dallas Zoo Backstage Safari They had us at: "...you can hold a penguin!"