Retail giant IKEA has launched an investigation into the allegations of a customer who claims his Ikea ‘Blanda blank’ metal bowl set his grapes on fire.
Richard Walter said he was enjoying a nice bowl of grapes outside of his home in Sweden, which happens to be in the middle of a heatwave. He started smelling smoke, at first thinking it might have been from a neighbor’s barbecue party. But after looking at his bowl, he quickly determined that it was not a neighbor’s barbecue party that caused the smoke.
Walter told the Aftonbladet, “I saw it was burning in the grape bowl. How is that possible, I thought. Then I saw there was one intense point where (the sun) hit the twigs, and that’s where it started.”
Reflection from the sunlight caused heat to focus on a singular point, thus causing the grape’s twigs to catch fire. IKEA spokesperson Emil Erikkson said, “We take this information very seriously and will now investigate what happened.”
Via The Local