What Happens When You Hit 40
You can say that 40 is the new 30, but it’s still 10 years shy of 50. There’s just no bones about it, it means you’re getting older.
Huffington Post put together a list of things that only women over 40 will truly understand. Take a look at a few of these shocking revelations:
- The picture of yourself that you have in your head is the more attractive younger sister of the person staring back at you from the mirror.
- Sequins make you look like a cougar.
- You get a full night’s sleep, but still look like you stayed up all night without all the fun that staying up all night used to be in your 20s.
- Back pain.
- Your favorite bands of the 80s are now considered oldies.
- Flirting for discounts doesn’t work anymore.
- 21-year-old guys are still hot, but also young enough to be your children.
- You have no idea what is on MTV other than Teen Mom.
- Hipsters now ironically wear what the cool clothes you wore in high school.
- You’re more likely to be confused for a teacher than a student on a college campus.
- Beside the Kardashians, you have no idea who the people on the tabloids are.
Luckily Jack is like a perpetual 18 year old. Don’t have to worry about any of this!